Saturday, November 26, 2005

A Bittersweet Thanksgiving

Thursday evening my mom collapsed at our house and was taken to the local hospital where they have determined that she does have some internal infection, although they have not been able to completely isolate the type or the area of infection.
My mom is very weak at this time but is receiving antibiotics, and a blood culture was taken in the hope that the doctors will be able to find out exactly where the infection is present in her system and tailor the treatments accordingly.

My mom is 87 and while she has normally been in good health, I and several of her friends from church have noticed significant changes over last last couple of months.
She is in good care at the hospital and while I hope and pray for her recovery, I am sure there will be times of difficulty as well as having to look at moving her to an assisted living facility here in Odessa.

No comments: